So glad it’s the weekend! This is going to be a good one. Here’s my high five:
1. My mom is in town, and my dad is coming next week, to help take care of my niece while my brother and sister-in-law are part of a production of Fiddler on the Roof! My husband is part of it too. I almost was, but decided I needed to take some time off from rehearsals and late nights. So I actually get to just go and enjoy the show! Haven’t done that in a long time. I’m looking forward to it!
2. I’m really excited about this one — I’m starting to seriously coupon. I’m not going to become a crazy coupon lady with a big 3-ring binder who takes half an hour to get through the grocery line and buys 18 bottles of Windex. Not me. Not doing that. I’m learning to coupon practically. Jenny @ SouthernSavers makes it SO much easier. Watch her introductory couponing video. It makes the whole thing make sense. I’m really excited! I’m going to start slow, but I’m ready to stop spending so much on groceries, and I want to get comfortable with it before having kids so when I do it’s not this huge daunting idea. Yay! Excited. J is totally on board too, which helps. 🙂
3. We went to JCP on Sunday to look for black polos for when we photograph weddings, and I, um, happened upon the petite clearance section. Oops. And I, um, happened to walk into the fitting room with a pile of clothes, and I, um, happened to buy 3 things. But I HAPPENED to only spend $15 on a work top, a cardigan, and a dress! So I’m okay with that.
4. I also needed black khaki pants for our wedding-shoot outfits, and I didn’t have any, so I found some petite ones at Old Navy and they had a 20% sale, so I grabbed them online. They came yesterday, and they fit SO WELL. I love them. I’ll need to hem them another inch or so, but other than that they are great! I love closet staples! They’re perfect because they aren’t as dressy as dress pants but are more dressed up than jeans, so I can totally dress them up or down depending on what I pair them with. So excited!
5. I played peek-a-boo with my 11-month-old niece last night at dinner. And it was adorable.
What were your highlights this week?
Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth!