This has been a crazy, crazy week! Rehearsals and schedules and shopping trips, oh my! Looking forward to some normalcy. Here’s my high five!
1. I have made my first few “sale/coupon” shopping trips. And for the most part, they went well! I saved just under 50% at Publix, and right at 50% at Target in my first two trips. My last trip to Target was slightly disappointing as I got a little mixed up and spent more than I meant to, but I still got soap, cotton balls, a birthday gift, a NICE razor, frozen broccoli, raspberries, 2 jars of pasta sauce, carrots, and 2 folders for a total of $10, so I’ll say that was successful. Full price, the razor alone was $10! Southern Savers makes this so much easier and less intimidating, and, I have to say, addictive! And no guilt, because, hey, you’re spending less money than you used to, and you’re pantry is fuller. Win-win!
2. I’ve been spending a lot more time with my almost-1-year-old niece this week while here parents and my husband are rehearsing for a musical. She’s never been scared of me, but she’s gotten much more comfortable with me in the last week and it’s so heart-warming to see her smile when she sees me. She starting to use a few baby signs, and they are adorable!
3. Tonight is opening night for Fiddler on the Roof! I’m so excited to see all my family and friends’ hard work, and also to actually be able to spend some time with my husband again. 🙂
4. I made Ghirardelli brownies this week. Oh man. If you’ve never had them, you must. If you have, you understand.
5. We may or may not have made an exceedingly large purchase this week. Something that may or may not have 4 wheels. And may or may not be silver, with black interior. And may or may not have leather seats. And may or may not have been within our budget. And may or may not have cost an arm and a leg and a headache to get it registered. And may or may not be automatic so I can actually use it. 3 guesses what it is?
How’s your week been?
— Petite Peach